Monday, January 23, 2006

The "METRO"

It's not the European Metro, it's the METRO in Phoenix.

We're going through an entire branding and identity change at my work. The project formerly known as the Valley Metro Rail is now METRO. So they have been telling us at work that we have to refer to the project as METRO now - www.valleymetro.org

There are alot of changes happening at my work too. I turned down a position in the communications department. Their former communications coordinator resigned a few weeks ago and they asked me if I wanted the position. I had to think about this one. But I didn't have to think about it too much, because the manager I would be working for is a scatter-brain and she's 8 months pregnant and the other girl in the department is 8 months pregnant too. So, basically, I would be working in a department that is not well-managed or efficient.

Quite frankly, I love the department I work in. My manager is great, the people are way cool and the board members I deal with on a monthly basis are really great! The Public Involvement portion of this project is pretty neat and I'm still learning alot. The other option right now is taking a position as Area Coordinator for the project - basically, being the main liasion between the community and the METRO project. It's a pretty big task and will be a lot of work (for the same amount of $$$ I'm getting now).....but...I"m still considering this one too. If they offer more $$$, then maybe. But, as the hubby says, "the grass isn't always greener on the other side." I will have to see what happens. I pretty happy where I am now, so I may not even do anything and just stay where I am.

Mia came home! I'm so happy she's home now!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home